Many of these entries are reviews of books—some new, some less
new—relating to democracy in the US. Our particular angle is: how can
this inform the development of citizen education about national issues?
- (Book Review) The Socialist Awakening: What’s Different Now about the Left, by John B. Judis
- (Book Review) Amusing Ourselves to Death: Public Discourse in the Age of Show Business, by Neil Postman
- (Book Review) Socialism: Past and Future, by Michael Harrington
- (Book Review) United States of Socialism, by Dinesh D'Souza
- (Book Review) We Are the Ones We Have Been Waiting For: The Promise of Civic Renewal in America, by Peter Levine
- David Foster, Ph.D.
- David Foster is the Executive Director of Know The System, Inc. Prior to Know The System, David was Chief Academic Officer at ExecOnline, a New York based provider of online education. He earned an MBA from U.C. Berkeley in 1986, and a Ph.D. in learning technology and cognitive science from Northwestern University in 1996. He is not a licensed political scientist.